- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Palo Alto, and Extreme network equipment.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (200x/2016) /desktop Operating Systems (10)
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX
- A good understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration including Exchange 2010
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Back to Career Opportunities